Listed Status: II50 Cornhill
Previously a bank, this Fullers pub opened in 1997 and won an award for its sensitive refurbishment. Its large oval servery is illuminated by a stained-glass dome, as is an upstairs gallery. The former manager's offices to the rear are used as function rooms. A war memorial commemorates the staff who died in the Great War. The building dates to 1893 and the foundations sit partly on a wall of an approximately 2000 year-old Roman basilica. Grade II-listed. Real ales, meals and accommodation. Pub is closed at weekends.